Purpose Council of SA
The role of the Purpose Council is to facilitate, though influencing key decision makers and organisations, the development of an environment where the conditions exist for significant growth of the Purpose Economy in SA.
The catalyst for the establishment of the Purpose Council was to help drive the implementation of the recommendations from the Social Capital Residencies – in particular a more purposeful economy in SA. To date though the Social Capital Residencies we have focused on developing a more purposeful economy in South Australia that is better able to achieve the highest levels of social, cultural and environmental impact and we have sought to do this by:
- Breaking down the silos between the business and social innovation ecosystems as well as the entrepreneurship and social enterprise ecosystems.
- Supporting and inspiring start-ups, small, medium and large businesses to improve their social, cultural and environmental impact.
- Help to bring social innovations to scale by improving the innovation ecosystem’s ability to produce investment ready social businesses, social enterprises and other for purpose businesses.
- Changing the systems in South Australia that supports these goals though policy and culture change.
The goals of the Social Capital Residencies and the Purpose Council are broad. The council is focusing their action on the following:
- Social Procurement
- Impact Investment and Measurement
- Inclusive Entrepreneurship
Members of the Council Include:
Chair, Thinkers in Residence Social Capital Residencies
Vice Chancellor, Torrens University
General Manager, Consulting & Business Services, Community Business Bureau/Chair, SIINSA
Dean, Research and Innovation, University of South Australia Business School
General Manager, Chapley Group
CEO, The Australian Centre for Social Innovation
CEO, The Next Age
Deputy Chief Executive, Department of Treasury and Finance
Pro Vice Chancellor, Entrepreneurship/ Dean of Business, The University of Adelaide Business School
CEO, Carers SA
Chief Executive & Director of Regional Development, Barossa, Gawler, light and the Adelaide Plains
Chief Executive, ECH
Co Founder and Director Suntrix Solar/ Board Member of the Entrepreneurship Advisory Board
Executive Director, Don Dunstan Foundation
The Industry Advocate
Commissioner for Public Sector Employment
Director, New Venture Institute, Flinders University
Former Thinker in Residence
Lord Mayor, City of Adelaide
Regional Director, Jawun South Australia
Founder, Chooks SA