We welcome individuals who volunteer their time and enthusiasm to assist at events, and professionals who provide pro-bono advice and assistance on specific projects.
Our Patrons, Trustees and Board of Management are all volunteers who lend their expertise and networks to the Foundation.
Interested in volunteering with us?
To register your interest in volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Emilie Soda.
Depending on the skills, interests and commitments of volunteers, there are exciting opportunities to assist across all our priority areas:
- one-off (event)
- short term (3-6 months) or
- long term (6 month – 1 year +)
Current available positions include:
- Website Content Volunteer (Adelaide Zero Project): helping to draft and review website content (5-10 hrs a week/ 3 months +) View position description Apply for position
- Digital Newsletter Volunteer: helping gather content and draft text (5-10 hrs a week / 6 months +) View position description Apply for position
- Web and Design Support Volunteer: designing email signatures, facebook banners etc (5-10 hrs a week/ 6 months +)
- Film Club Committee: grant writing, organising film club events (3 hrs a week/ 1 year +)
- Photo Scanning: help us scan and catalogue photos and news articles of Don (3-8 hrs a week, 3 months+)
Our office volunteers assist with a wide range of tasks, anything from folding brochures and scanning photos, to creating posters and assisting with website edits. Most tasks involve some form of event planning and tend to be either computer based tasks or admin tasks. Office volunteering requires ongoing commitment of around a day or two a week for around 3 months or more, or commitment to a certain project such as helping with planning the Homelessness Conference. There is quite a bit to learn with our Foundation so we find that regular time at the office is the best way to learn and get the most out of your volunteering experience. Our office volunteers need to have quite a high level of email usage, scanning, competence in Microsoft Word/Excel and be able to learn how to use websites like Constant Contact/Humanitix etc.
Project Specific/Pro Bono Volunteers
We also have longer term positions for those wishing to volunteer for 6 months plus and for the experienced professional who wants to give back. This is perfect for those wanting to gain more experience and be involved more in depth with specific projects such in the Foundation, such as Adelaide Zero Project Grant Writing Assistance or proofreading/editing.
We also have some great event volunteering opportunities which are generally on weekday evenings for most of our events. This is great for people who don’t want an ongoing commitment and may not be interested in the office side of volunteering. We can easily add you to the register to hear about all the latest event volunteering opportunities, simply email the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com